What is a nice hotel in Boston for the history buff?

Q. My husband and I are planning a trip to Boston, but the hotel choices are getting overwhelming. We'd like a nice hotel; price isn't that important, but we're not looking for $500 a night either. The main reason we've chosen Boston for a vacation is we would love to explore the history of the city. Is there a good hotel sort of central to some of the more famous spots? A hotel like this with some juicy history of it's own would be a plus! We'd be thrilled with some advice from seasoned Boston tourists or residents!

A. Not sure of the prices since they vary so much, but here's some historic hotel options.

Liberty Hotel -- used to be a jail, just opened.
Parker House -- home of the Saturday Club (Longfellow and Thoreau), invented Parker House rolls and Boston Cream Pie. On the Freedom Trail and right in the middle of everything.
Langham Hotel -- great NC Wyeth murals, used to be the Federal Reserve Bank.
Jurys Boston -- used to be Police Headquarters

Some other historic hotels:
http://www.historichotels.org/bostonhotels

What goes into becoming a hotel event planner?
Q. I am currently studying hotel management, but really would love to be apart of the event planning department within a hotel. What kind of degree would I need? What would the average salary be? Ideally I would like to work in NYC at a more upscale hotel, or a well-known hotel chain.

A. That degree in hotel management/hospitality is all you need.
The rest you learn on the job.
Hotels have entire floors dedicated to event planning, catering, sales.
I know a friend that has done what you are doing.
He loves his job. Loves it.
He started out at front desk though, and not has moved up to management.
Not the greatest of pay though. But life is not all about money.

How does the hotel reservation system work?
Q. This is my first time to ever book a hotel in advance. I am planning a stay at the Moody Gardens Hotel in Galveston in April. I reserved the room tonight with my debit card, what is the process from here?

Again first time I am doing this, so I am clueless. Thanks

A. I work at a hotel front desk. With our property, it depends on how you book. If you book through a third party site like Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, those company charge your debit or credit card immediately because the hotel later only recieves a portion of what you paid them. If you book directly on the hotel's website or over the phone, I know that with our hotel nothing is charged until check in but at check in, be prepared to also leave a security deposit. Our hotel puts a $50 deposit but people get pretty upset about it so I wanted to pass that on, some hotels are higher. Also, with debit cards, it usually takes about 7 days for any extra deposit to come off your debit card so just be aware of that :)

I would call and ask if you are unsure, just say "hello, I booked (say where) and I was wondering when my debit card get charged and will there be any deposit?" We are usually busy but that can be answered in less than a minute




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is helpful information to know more about best hotel deals. It is very good news. Dr Andrew Unterweger have lot of experience in hotel management.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What questions may I be asked while on my interview for a Reservations Agent at a five star hotel?

how much its worth for the reputation of the InterContinental hotel?

How much money should I bring for my trip to Japan?