What is the cheapest way to travel in San Francisco?

Q. What is the cheapest way to travel from Sofitel Hotel in San Francisco, to Micro Center Santa Clara (about 35 kilometres apart), and back? And how much is it?
From address:
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, 223 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065

To address:
Mercado Center, 3255 Mission College Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95054

A. Public transportation will cost you almost as much as a rental car and will take twice as long.
I'd say opt for the car rental.
http://tripplanner.transit.511.org/mtc/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?#tab1Selected

In future any trip you plan to take in the bay area try 511.org

What is the cheapest non-dirty hotel within driving distance to Disneyland?
Q. I am planning a one day trip to Disneyland and I would like to find the cheapest hotel that is within a 30 minute or so drive to the park. If the hotel is gross and dirty I wouldnt be interested in it. I am looking to only spend $50 or less for the one night. I am coming from San Francisco so it would be preferred if the hotel were north of Disneyland. Thanks!

A. Come on Kim, coming from SF you should know better. There aren't any hotels here for that price that aren't nests for roaches, dirt, and bedbugs. Price for an average hotel is $100. And since 30 minutes only gets you about 10 miles in LA traffic, that narrow an impossible task even further. Let me ask you this: Could you do the same for me if I wanted to stay within 30 minutes of downtown SF for under $50?

If you must, then try the "America's Best Value Inn" on Beach Blvd near I-5. Cheap, nothing fancy, and about a 10 minute drive from Disneyland.

How should I get from SFO to the Golden Gate Bridge?
Q. I've never been to the Bay Area before. And I want to take really good pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge and all its glory.

I'm kind of in an inconvenient situation, though. I'll be staying at a cheap hotel near the San Francisco Airport. So transportation will be a hasstle.

Which BART stations should I get on/get off at if I want to see the Golden Gate Bridge?

What other transportation options are there?

A. From SFO take BART( $7.30) to Daly City, take free transfer before exit station, then Board Muni #28 to Golden Gate Bridge( 40min).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What questions may I be asked while on my interview for a Reservations Agent at a five star hotel?

how much its worth for the reputation of the InterContinental hotel?

How much money should I bring for my trip to Japan?