How should I get from SFO to the Golden Gate Bridge?

Q. I've never been to the Bay Area before. And I want to take really good pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge and all its glory.

I'm kind of in an inconvenient situation, though. I'll be staying at a cheap hotel near the San Francisco Airport. So transportation will be a hasstle.

Which BART stations should I get on/get off at if I want to see the Golden Gate Bridge?

What other transportation options are there?

A. From SFO take BART( $7.30) to Daly City, take free transfer before exit station, then Board Muni #28 to Golden Gate Bridge( 40min).

What is the cheapest way to get from the san jose airport to san francisco?
Q. I am flying into San Jose next week with my boyfriend and we are trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to our hotel in San Francisco
Any ideas?

A. You can take the free VTA airport flyer to Santa Clara Caltrain, then you can catch the train all the way to SF. I dont know where your hotel is in SF, so you might need to take Muni again. You can check 511.org and it will help you plan your transit route.

The caltrain trip will cost about 8.50 and muni is 2.00 per ride.

Can you help me plan a vacation in the USA?
Q. Well,I live in Italy and am planning to visit the USA.Probably it will be in the late spring or early fall when the daytime is still long.I want to visit Los Angeles,San Francisco and New York.Obviously there are many more places I'd like to go to but I don't want it to be too stressful.I think it will last almost 3 weeks and I'm gonna stay in cheap hotels,I just need a room on my own,I don't need anything luxurious. . .To eat I guess i will go to some fast food,restaurants,cafes etc so I won't spend a fortune.I'm also planning on not booking hotels from Italy but to do it once there.
Please,could you tell me approximately how much in dollars it might cost me?And do you think it's a good idea to find a place where to sleep directly on the spot?Any recommendation would be highly appreciated,in particular if you come up with something I haven't considered.
Thanks a lot and greetings from Italy.

A. Have you concidered a trip down Original Route 66? I don't know if you've been to the USA before, but this is a GREAT way to see the country and learn (in a fun way), a little about our country's history.

Route 66 dosen't "offically" exsist anymore and you won't find it on any modern day map. You would have to serch the web for more info on it, (or just let me know and I'd be more than happy to give you more info on it and I'd be happy to give you a "step-by-step" on everything to see and where to go, eat & sleep). But also never worry... The U.S. Government has posted "Historic Route 66" signs along the entire Route that point you in the right direction telling you where and when to turn and go.

So, if you have 3 or 4 weeks. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Rent a car in New York, (most places have a "One Way Trip" deal), drive to California and then fly out of LA to go back home.

You'd get to see the 3 "Big Cities" New York, Chicago & LA. plus a TON of great small towns along the way. A LOT of cheap eats and cheap places to sleep. Reservations are really not required when on Route 66 as there is very little traffic, (great when you just want to stop the car on the side of the road to take a picture of something you like). To me, THIS is the way to travel and truly see the "real" America.

You could drive Interstate 80 (I-80) from New York to Chicago. 790 miles or (1,159 km). This will let you see the states of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana.

Then you get on Original Route 66 in Chicago, Illinois. You'll then see the states of Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California before ending at Los Angeles. 2,448 miles or (3,939 km).

You'd be looking at a grand total of 3,238 miles or (5,098 km) of driving, plus you'd be able to drive from coast to coast seeing 12 of our 50 states! You could EASILY do that in 3 weeks with PLENTY OF TIME to see all the sites, towns and cities. (Including MUST SEE things like The Grand Canyon).

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable visit to the USA. Take A LOT of pictures and above everything else... HAVE FUN!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What questions may I be asked while on my interview for a Reservations Agent at a five star hotel?

how much its worth for the reputation of the InterContinental hotel?

How much money should I bring for my trip to Japan?