How are hotel internships in Barcelona?

Q. I am planning on travelling to Europe, my ticket is booked for October 2nd, and i return on Jan 6th. I was hoping to do a hospitality/tourism exchange and work with a hotel, in exchange I get room and board and a small salary. Has anyone ever tried one of these internships before?? IT seems really appealing and seems like it would help keep costs low.

A. To work at a hotel in Barcelona, you might have to be trilingual in Spanish, English and Catalan.

How are hotel internships in Barcelona?
Q. I am planning on travelling to Europe, my ticket is booked for October 2nd, and i return on Jan 6th. I was hoping to do a hospitality/tourism exchange and work with a hotel, in exchange I get room and board and a small salary. Has anyone ever tried one of these internships before?? IT seems really appealing and seems like it would help keep costs low.

A. Get a job before you come.
You are picking the worst time to find something. Low Season.

There may be jobs that nobody else wants such as the staff diningroom or toilet cleaning.

Things are tough over here.

What is the best area of Barcelona to stay?
Q. My friend and I are spending a week in Barcelona in March and wondered what part of the city is the safest/best to stay. We want to consider meeting local people as well as safety considering we are 2 younger women. Also if you have any recommedations of clubs/restaurants that would be helpful.

A. The Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona http://www.hotelmontecarlobarcelona.com/index.en.html
In the Las Ramblas section

The Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona http://www.casacamper.com/barcelona/default-en.html
In the Raval area right around the corner of the Las Ramblas section, it is a trendier hotel than Montecarlo

boutique Barcelona hotel provides a range of complimentary services: WiFi throughout, a business center, full breakfast buffet, and - best of all - as many snacks as you like in the lobby (sandwiches, soup, salads, pastries, bakery, soft drinks, juices, water, coffee and tea), leaving you feeling thoroughly looked after.

Albert Raurich, former chef de cuisine at the world famous El Bulli, currently considered the best restaurant in the world, presents Dos Palillos Barcelona restaurant. Dos Palillos offers authentic Asian dishes served in the Spanish tapas style.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?