I am going to Seattle and I'm looking for recomendations on what part of downtown to stay in?
Q. We are going for a couple of days just to have fun! We will have a car and plan on hiking & things of that nature during the day, but at night we would like to be within walking distance to fun spots. I'm searching online and I am finding different areas within downtown (Pike Place, Space Needle, Bellevue Area...) any recommendations on area/places to stay? Any must do's you can recommend to a first time Seattle fun seeker?
A. There are numerous things to do in Seattle! The newest and most luxurious hotel in Seattle is the Four Seasons. I would highly recommend it. It is located right on Puget Sound, only a couple blocks away from Pike Place Market. Pike Place Market is a must.(Don't forget to get a homemade donuts when you are there! They are amazing) If you are looking to be on 5th Avenue or near shopping district there are other hotels such as The Fairmont Olympic(previously the Four Seasons), The Hyatt and the Westin. All are nice hotels.
Some things you should do while in Seattle:
1. Visit the Space Needle and the Pacific Science Center: If you catch Seattle on a nice day make sure you don't miss the Space Needle. You can get a great view of the city, mountains and the sound. The Science Center is pretty entertaining as well. You can catch an IMAX Film while you are there as well.
2. Argosy Cruise: You won't want to miss a chance to be on the ocean and maybe even see some whales if you are lucky.
3. Pike Place Market: Don't miss out on the local market. There are many different varieties of food to choose from. Also you can pick up some souvenirs.
4. The Metropolitan Grill: One of the top ten steakhouses in the country(if you are willing to pay don't miss out on this one). Try the Banana's Foster or Carrot Cake. They are amazing. Also the Spinach Salad is probably the best salad I have ever had in my life.
5. Gelatiamo: The local Gelato shop. Tastes like you are in Italy or even better. Don't miss out on this special shop.
6. Paramount Theatre: Check out and see what plays are showing
Some things you should do while in Seattle:
1. Visit the Space Needle and the Pacific Science Center: If you catch Seattle on a nice day make sure you don't miss the Space Needle. You can get a great view of the city, mountains and the sound. The Science Center is pretty entertaining as well. You can catch an IMAX Film while you are there as well.
2. Argosy Cruise: You won't want to miss a chance to be on the ocean and maybe even see some whales if you are lucky.
3. Pike Place Market: Don't miss out on the local market. There are many different varieties of food to choose from. Also you can pick up some souvenirs.
4. The Metropolitan Grill: One of the top ten steakhouses in the country(if you are willing to pay don't miss out on this one). Try the Banana's Foster or Carrot Cake. They are amazing. Also the Spinach Salad is probably the best salad I have ever had in my life.
5. Gelatiamo: The local Gelato shop. Tastes like you are in Italy or even better. Don't miss out on this special shop.
6. Paramount Theatre: Check out and see what plays are showing
How can I date a silver dessert fork from the Bellevue-Stratford hotel of Philadelphia, PA?
Q. It has Bellevue-Stratford written in a font similar to that of old english text on the front side of the handle from left to right with the tines to the left. International s. co. is on the back neck, with two dots preceeding. I have seen pieces from the hotel silver dating from 1925 and my fork appears to be more modern. I think it might be a dessert fork because it has three tines. Thanks for any help you can provide!
A. I don't think you'll get a very good response to that question here, but you might want to try the Silver Forum - http://www.smpub.com/
Where is a good meeting point at Amsterdam Centraal station?
Q. I'll be meeting up with my friend at the Amsterdam Centraal station, is there a cafe inside or right outside the station we can meet up at or something? Or a specific waiting area in the station?
A. The easiest meeting point is the one called meeting point.
There are signs to it and unlike something like information there no confusion about what and where. There are several information boots as well as the official information.
If you are there during the day you could meet in Ben and Jerries, or in the 1st class restaurant, both on platform 2, but you can also decide to leave the station and meet somewhere in town. I have not done that for a while, so I am not familiar with the names of the pubs and such, but I do know there are some rather close to the station.
On the corner of Martelaarsgracht and Prins Hendrikkade, next to Hotel Bellevue is one. Use Google to find it, send your friends a photo of streetview, as well as the address, so you all know where you want to go.
But have each others phone number in case you can not find each other.
There are signs to it and unlike something like information there no confusion about what and where. There are several information boots as well as the official information.
If you are there during the day you could meet in Ben and Jerries, or in the 1st class restaurant, both on platform 2, but you can also decide to leave the station and meet somewhere in town. I have not done that for a while, so I am not familiar with the names of the pubs and such, but I do know there are some rather close to the station.
On the corner of Martelaarsgracht and Prins Hendrikkade, next to Hotel Bellevue is one. Use Google to find it, send your friends a photo of streetview, as well as the address, so you all know where you want to go.
But have each others phone number in case you can not find each other.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments
Post a Comment