Will my juvenile record show on a background check for a hotel job?

Q. When i was a juvenile i got a couple felonies. Im now 19 years old without getting in trouble ever since. I never got convicted. I dont even show up in the cop computer now. I got stopped the other day and my name did not show up. I went to talk to the juvenile clerk and she told me that my records are going through the system so i can be off for good. Im applying at a hotel job and they running a background check. I also live in California.

A. No, juvenile records cannot be seen by employers after the age of 18. The only people who can still see them are the government and the people in it...like judges, maybe police officers etc. but other people cant

What is the best way for finding a hospitality job in Santa Monica, LA? How fast I can find it?
Q. I'm thinking about moving to California for summer and looking for some hotel jobs, like a houseman, server, helper, room attendant, etc. I'm in New York right now and I cant find any job in hotels here. So I'm thinking about LA like summer destination and maybe hotels there needs some extra staff? What do you think? Thank you very much for your advises!

A. Good luck! Unemployment is still rising here. Check careerbuilder.com, monster.com, and craigslist.com.

How likely is it that I will find a job?
Q. If you constantly apply online and in person to entry level retail/restaurant/hospitality-hotel jobs everyday for 3 months straight will you almost always be guaranteed to find a job? I've been job hunting for about a month now and still no luck for jobs that doesn't even require much skill.

A. There are never guarantees. Sounds like you're trying hard, but maybe you need to do something differently.

Are you coming across as overqualified for the jobs? If you sound smarter or better educated than the manager or supervisor, they may not want to risk you not staying, or they may feel intimidated by you and worry that you'll take their job. Don't dumb yourself down, but try to keep it low profile and aim for friendliness and showing that you really need and want the job.

Look online for websites telling you how to apply online for jobs. Those online application systems rate how fast you answer the questions, which ones make you pause (the system assumes you might be lying on those) and rates your answers. There ARE preferred answers. If you fill these out in the store (such as Target or Wal-mart) and you're doing it right, the system will notify the manager, who may come running to interview you on the spot.

FOLLOW UP. Keep going back to ask, and they'll get to know you and will think of you first when it's time to interview.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?