Was a member of another countries royal family born in a London Hotel.?

Q. I remember hearing on QI that a member of, I think, the Luxombourg royal family was born in a London hotel room, which the goverment allowed to be classed a foreign soil. Does any one know who and when this was?

A. It wasn't King Constantine of Greece. It was Prince Alexander, who was born in London's luxury Claridge's Hotel in 1945. Yugoslavian Royal Family. He was born in the family suite in Claridges Hotel, London. The British Government had declared the hotel suite to be Yugoslavian territory, this was to meet the requirement of the Yugoslavian Constitution which stipulated that Monarchs had to be born on Yugoslavian territory

Is it possible to take a train from London to Paris?
Q. I am from the Caribbean and I am thinking about visiting London for a vacation. While in London, I wanted to take a train to visit Paris (To make my vacation more exciting). Is this possible?

Also, if anyone knows the procedure to visit France from London (Hotel accommodation, train times, cost etc). Please let me know.. I also know that a Schengen Visa is needed to visit France.

A. I usually do not promote any commercial websites, however in this particular case I recommend to check the information about the EuroStar trains, which are leaving the London St. Pancras International train station to Paris or Brussels, here:
http://www.seat61.com/London-to-Paris-by-train.htm ..

To be able to get on the train you will need to hold a Belgian or French Schengen visa unless you are a citizen of a French Overseas Department or you come from Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts & Nevis, or the Virgin Islands. The visa if required must be applied for at the French Embassy in your home country up to three months prior to the proposed travel date.
http://www.mfe.org/index.php/Annuaires/Ambassades-et-consulats-francais-a-l-etranger ..

âââââ:
Added:
I really would like to know who is that idiot that thumbs down all previous answers here after I have answered just to make it look as if I would thumb down others!

Working in london for 6 months abroad work experience ?
Q. I've worked in Hospitality working in hotels as front office for more then 3 years. i want to know if anyone can help me or lead me in the right direction. i want to work like 6 months abroad at london hotels to get the experience of what hotels are like in london. Learn new things and expand my knowledge of hotels and guest service so if anyone can refer me to a site or any other information that would be wonderful.

A. Below is a GoogleSearch - working in hospitality in london uk
http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK301&q=working+in+hospitality+in+london+uk&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

lots of links




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?