Who decides how many stars a hotel gets?
Q. For any given hotel, who decides how many stars they get? Is there a way to contribute to the rating process? What about reviews at websites like Fodor's?
A. Unfortunately, there's no 'standard' that every guide/site/etc. uses -- each publication ranks properties however they see fit. So, theoretically, one organization may rank a hotel as a 5-star, but a different company may rank the same hotel as a 4-star, depending on their own system.
However, you'll find that most companies use the following when determing how to rank a hotel:
1 star = Economy
2 stars = Value
3 stars = Quality
4 stars = Superior
5 stars = Exceptional
Check this link over at Wikipedia for a good rundown of the ratings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_%28classification%29#General_meaning_of_hotel_rating_by_stars
However, you'll find that most companies use the following when determing how to rank a hotel:
1 star = Economy
2 stars = Value
3 stars = Quality
4 stars = Superior
5 stars = Exceptional
Check this link over at Wikipedia for a good rundown of the ratings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_%28classification%29#General_meaning_of_hotel_rating_by_stars
What is the difference between a diamond and star rating for a hotel?
Q. I usually hear about hotels getting a 4 star or 5 star rating. But I was looking at the website for a hotel that I will be staying at in a month and it said that they are a 4 diamond hotel. I was just curious as to what the difference was. Thanks!!!
A. Different places have different rating systems, there's no global standard. AAA gives out diamonds, and stars are given by Michelin. Stars are also used to show the level of services available at a particular hotel. If, for example, the Four Seasons didn't offer their guests anything aside from a place to rest their heads, they'd probably only receive 1 star. But because they offer concierge services, restaurants, spas, in-room services and other "extras," their properties tend to receive high star ratings.
What is a nice hotel in Ocean City Maryland that is not expensive?
Q. I am going on vacation the first week of august. And i need to find a nice hotel that is within walking distance of the beach that is somewhere between $70-$100 per night. Thankyou for your help and time (:
A. Here is a list of some that are less expensive and near the beach. They probably won't be fancy, but most of the traveler the reviews indicate that they were clean.
The Dunes Motel
Castle in the Sand
Flamingo Motel
Sahara Motel
Sea Bay Hotel
I've included a link to Trip Advisor that I like to use to help me choose a hotel. It includes ratings and comments by travelers and also a search engine to compare prices on several different booking websites. You can check to see what's available on the dates that you want and if anything is within your budget.
Good luck!
The Dunes Motel
Castle in the Sand
Flamingo Motel
Sahara Motel
Sea Bay Hotel
I've included a link to Trip Advisor that I like to use to help me choose a hotel. It includes ratings and comments by travelers and also a search engine to compare prices on several different booking websites. You can check to see what's available on the dates that you want and if anything is within your budget.
Good luck!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments
Post a Comment