Cheapest ways to travel to Britain and Ireland?

Q. I want to go on a vacation possibly next summer of 2011 if not then, the next summer to the UK and Ireland for about 2 - 3 weeks. What are the cheapest ways to fly from Toronto (Pearson Airport) to London (Heathrow)? Cheapest hotels? And any more details you can supply me with! I'd really appreciate the most detailed answer possible! Thank you!

A. I'd stick to Air Canada if I were you. You might save a bit of money on the budget airlines like Air Transat but their punctuality etc is appalling. If you're intending to do a lot of travel around England, Wales and Scotland I'd sugest a Britrail Pass which you must purchase before arrival in the U.K.
These are really good value passes and you'll see a lot as you travel. Our rail network is dense and frequent - very different to Via Rail www.britrail.com
www.nationalrail.co.uk for timetable information

Can I check into a London hotel at 19 years old, traveling with a 17 year old friend?
Q. I'm planning on traveling to London, Oxford and Edinburgh with a friend of mine, who is a 17 year old girl (I am a 19 year old male). The hotel we're looking to stay at comes free for two nights when I book a round trip flight with British Airways (Holiday Inn Regents Park). Am I going to run into a problem checking in, being that she's underage, we're not family and we're staying in the same room?

A. Why Dont you Try My intergrated Custom Search on Google
Upper links may help you
Bookmark For future Searches
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-6828716762099822:kwm6ort73pj&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=hotel+cheap+london&sa=Search

How much does it cost to fly to London, get a hotel, etc?
Q. I plan to fly to London, get a decent hotel, etc. How much would that total up to? Since I'm old enough, I can travel on my own this summer. How can I do this without getting money from my parents and earn it on my own?
@Brian: I've always wanted to go on an airplane.
I'm from the US and I've been thinking of staying for about 5 days this summer.

A. Well, where are you coming from? If you're in, say, the US, you're looking at about 1000 dollars for a flight. If you're in, say, Spain, you can get a return flight for 90 euros. How long are you staying? Anticipate getting a small but clean and safe room outside of central London for about 70 pounds a night. You also have to eat, which you can do for fairly cheap if necessary, about 15 pounds a day for all meals. I assume you also want to see things. Most large museums are free, as is walking around sightseeing, but other attractions like the London Eye, Tower of London, double-decker bus tours, Westminster Abbey, etc are all approximately 20 pounds for entry. You'll need an Oystercard or travel card, about 7 pounds a day.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a nice cheap hotel in Atlantic City NJ for 2 nights?

What people with a certain income stay at moderate price hotels?

Budget Hotels near KMBD bus stand chennai?