Where is a good place to shop for groceries near Lahaina on Maui?
Q. We are going to Maui in a week and trying to figure out what we are going to spend on groceries for 2 of us for 6 days. What grocery store should we shop at near Lahaina? And how much should we be expecting to pay?
A. There is a big 24-hour Safeway grocery store in Lahaina. It is a little less expensive than the Star Market which is about 10 minutes north of Lahaina.
My wife and I did a price comparison from a big grocery shopping list from that Safeway in Lahaina, and we found it was 40% more expensive than our big grocery store back home in Michigan.
Lots of information about Maui shopping, sights, activities, hotels, condos, restaurants, is at
http://www.mauihawaii.org
My wife and I did a price comparison from a big grocery shopping list from that Safeway in Lahaina, and we found it was 40% more expensive than our big grocery store back home in Michigan.
Lots of information about Maui shopping, sights, activities, hotels, condos, restaurants, is at
http://www.mauihawaii.org
What is a good inexpensive restaurant to go to after beach wedding in Maui?
Q. It has always been my dream to get married in Maui. I would like to get married on the beach, but where can I celebrate with a small group of people afterwards? I'm looking for a nice inexpensive place with good food. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
A. It would probably depend for starters on what region in Maui you're talking about. Once you know where you want to get married, that will radically cut down your practical options. And if it's high priority to keep it inexpensive, I'd probably figure out a way to host something yourself -- maybe a park someplace with a grill and some picnic tables. If it's a pretty small group, however, it might be worth it to cough it up for a decent restaurant anyway... assumably you'll be flying in as will your guests, staying in a hotel, etc., so a little bit more for a dinner after a Maui wedding isn't going to add that much in the big scheme of things, and you only do it once.
How hard is it to find a good serving job in Maui?
Q. I am planning to move to Maui within the next two months. I've been a server (not find dining) for about 4 years, and I was just curious as to how easy or difficult it would be for me to find a job. Also, I don't know how good the money will be. I know that living out there is expensive...
A. Most people in the service industry don't make alot of money there and room rents are very expensive. Most people end up rooming with several others who can share the rent.
There's always a shortage of good servers in most of the hotels in Lahaina on the west side of the island as well as the hotels on the SE side of the island in Makena.
You may also find some serving jobs in Kahului in the North central part of the island.
Hana is a beautiful part of the island on the east side, but there's only the Hana Hotel and most tourists don't eat or stay there because it's VERY expensive.
As for other expenses...gas is about $5(+) per gallon and food is about 20%-30% more expensive in the stores.
As Jessica mentioned, speaking a second language is very helpful, especially Japanese, Korean, Polynesian, or French.
There's always a shortage of good servers in most of the hotels in Lahaina on the west side of the island as well as the hotels on the SE side of the island in Makena.
You may also find some serving jobs in Kahului in the North central part of the island.
Hana is a beautiful part of the island on the east side, but there's only the Hana Hotel and most tourists don't eat or stay there because it's VERY expensive.
As for other expenses...gas is about $5(+) per gallon and food is about 20%-30% more expensive in the stores.
As Jessica mentioned, speaking a second language is very helpful, especially Japanese, Korean, Polynesian, or French.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments
Post a Comment