if i am visiting Barcelona with my wife and 3yr old can u recommend a decent hotel in city center?

Q. barcelona

A. I can recommend Hotel Regencia Colon, which is right in the city center (fifteen seconds from the Cathedral), quiet, clean and reasonably priced. I've stayed there twice and think it's excellent! It's in the Barri Gotic, which means you can walk to Placa Catalunya, Passeig de Gracia, beaches, Las Ramblas, museums, restaurants, art galleries, shopping, etc.

My friend and I are going to Barcelona...?
Q. We've looked at a couple of hotels and can't decide where to stay? We really like Hesperia Tower, U232, and Hotel Catalunya... which would you recommend? We want to be close to Las Ramblas or tourist places... overall what would you recommend? Thanks in advance

A. I can not comment on either of the hotels you have mentioned as i dont know them, however my suggestion to you is The Hotel Regencia Colon, located in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. It's a beautiful part of Barcelona and it's close to all the main sites, (however overall the surrounding bars, restuarants, concessions etc. are much cheaper, as Las Ramblas is VERY expensive.)
I have stayed in that hotel the last 4 times i've been to Barcelona and its great. Modern, clean, very friendly staff, in a safe location and very reasonably priced. We booked our flights with Easy Jet and then booked direct with the hotel for a nightly rate of £68.
So unless you have your heart set on those 2 hotels you mentioned, i would definately reccommend the Hotel Regencia Colon :D

Have a great trip!!

Travelling to Europe?
Q. I'll be going for a holiday this coming 2007 January.
1) Where & what are the places of interest I must not miss for spending 5 days in barcelona and 5 days in paris?
2) What is the best & cheapest way to travel from Barcelona to Paris?
3) And where is the best budget accommodation I can get in these two cities?

A. I would say

BARCELONA(becareful of many pickpocket all over city!!)
1) Parc guell: the nice beautiful park uphill which is the work of famous architect Antoni Gaudi. Don't miss the Lizard!!
2) Las Ramblas: The walking street fulls with people and street artists combined with many shops and resturants. It's also different in day and night. Check it out!!
3) Gothic quarter: the historic walking area
4) Manument a colon (Columbus) in the bay area
5) Cathedral de la Seu:Spectacular Gothic church located in the heart of the Barri Gothic.

I wouldn't recommend you to get inside Sagrada Familia. It's not worth for the entrance fee. It's not finished yet. Better look from outside or postcard.

PARIS(pickpocket in the Metro)
1)Eifell tower: The most popular attraction here!!
2)Louvre museum: Great museum of art, you can spend all the day here.
3)Arc de Triomphe: another popular attraction here, you can walk along Champs Elysées for some shopping. Finish your shopping by sunset at Arc de Triomphe.
4)Notre Dame de Paris: Great beautiful church
5)Versailles: Check out the famous place which Marie Antoinette spent her days in.

The best and cheapest way is the train. You can enjoy the scenaric view along the way. Take the train from Barcelona inner city direct to Gare de Nord in Paris. It takes 12 hours along the way but the time flys by with Night train or Luxuary Hotel train at night.

I want to recommend you Ryanair.com, the low-cost airline, but there is no flight connects to Paris.

You can check out the Accomendation at www.hostelworld.com or www.hotelclub.net.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments