How much does it cost to fly to London, get a hotel, etc?

Q. I plan to fly to London, get a decent hotel, etc. How much would that total up to? Since I'm old enough, I can travel on my own this summer. How can I do this without getting money from my parents and earn it on my own?
@Brian: I've always wanted to go on an airplane.
I'm from the US and I've been thinking of staying for about 5 days this summer.

A. Well, where are you coming from? If you're in, say, the US, you're looking at about 1000 dollars for a flight. If you're in, say, Spain, you can get a return flight for 90 euros. How long are you staying? Anticipate getting a small but clean and safe room outside of central London for about 70 pounds a night. You also have to eat, which you can do for fairly cheap if necessary, about 15 pounds a day for all meals. I assume you also want to see things. Most large museums are free, as is walking around sightseeing, but other attractions like the London Eye, Tower of London, double-decker bus tours, Westminster Abbey, etc are all approximately 20 pounds for entry. You'll need an Oystercard or travel card, about 7 pounds a day.

What is the cheapest way I can travel to London for the olympics?
Q. I currently live in California and am currently a student. What will be the cheapest way I can go to London? Should I order the hotel and other services separately or should I look into travel packages?

A. Must Be flight


Source(s):
http://www.awayholidays.co.uk/

Traveling to London from the United States?
Q. I have been planning on traveling to the UK and staying in London for a week, but i'm not sure exactly about the best areas to stay, and the best ways to travel in London. What kind of travel is usually the best? Train, taxi, etc? If there is any information that anyone can give me on different places to stay, costs, and ways to travel it would be greatly appreciated. Any information would be so helpful. Thank you.

A. The most common and easiest transport in London in the underground trains. The stations can be quite complicated looking but many places in London sell the maps and staff are always helpful. But be warned in busy times the trains are completely packed. See:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

There's plenty of taxis in London but they are expensive, but always an easy option. Traffic in London is usually quite busy mind.

Another great way to travel in London is buses and is always my favorite. They're reasonably cheap and every bus stop has information on what buses go where. Also most places have regular buses, every 10 minutes or so.

Also for recommended hotels in London visit:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186338-London_England-Hotels.html

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip :)

ADDED:
Brilliant site to visit is: http://www.visitlondon.com/travel/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?