How to travel from Rome Cavalieri Hotel to Downtown Rome?
Q. What is the safest, easiest, and best way to travel from Rome Cavalieri Hotel to Dowtown Rome and siteseeing? I know the hotel offers a shuttle, but it brings you back to the hotel at 6 pm! What are my options, costs and safety factors?
A. Your Hotel has got a great location...So walk and enjoy this beautiful city!
I lived in Rome and most site-seeing places are on walking distance of each other (yes, even down town).
If you don't want to walk, take the subway (metro); it's fast and cheap.
Tickets can be used on any means of transport in Rome (bus, tram, metro) ;
for 75 min, 1 euro
for a whole day, 4 euro
for 3 days, 11 euro
for a week, 16 euro
I lived in Rome and most site-seeing places are on walking distance of each other (yes, even down town).
If you don't want to walk, take the subway (metro); it's fast and cheap.
Tickets can be used on any means of transport in Rome (bus, tram, metro) ;
for 75 min, 1 euro
for a whole day, 4 euro
for 3 days, 11 euro
for a week, 16 euro
What's the best way to get to Rome airport at 3AM?
Q. I inadvertently booked a ticket flying out of Rome back to Seattle that departs at 6:25AM. I read that you need to be at the airport at least 2.5 hours before departure. I am still looking for hotels in Rome but I think I'll be staying in the sightseeing area(Coliseum). I don't know how far that is from the airport. What would be the best way to get to the airport if you have to leave at 3:30AM? Thank you!
A. I guess that, with "Rome Airport" you mean the Fiumicino/Leonardo da Vinci Airport and not Ciampino: for what i know Ciampino hasn't intercontinental flights.
As someone else suggested, a taxi could be a good choice.
The first trains to Fiumicino in the morning leave at 5.05 from Tiburtina Station and at 5.52 from Termini Station.
At 3 AM it's not even so easy to reach the stations, so my hint is definitely to take a taxi, sorry.
As someone else suggested, a taxi could be a good choice.
The first trains to Fiumicino in the morning leave at 5.05 from Tiburtina Station and at 5.52 from Termini Station.
At 3 AM it's not even so easy to reach the stations, so my hint is definitely to take a taxi, sorry.
Just booked a budget hotel and am concerned about bed bugs?
Q. Have just booked a budget hotel in Rome and am a bit concerned after reading some reviews (for other hotels) about bed bugs. A common issue with budget hotels from what I gather, worldwide. The reviews for the hotel I booked did not mention anything of the kind but I am a bit antsy about it. If I shake out the sheets/towels and spray the room with common fly/ant spray, will it take care of any possible bed bugs? I know they can be quite small to the eye.
A. There is an easy solution to this problem - before bringing your luggage into the room, check the sheets and roll them back to check around the seams of a the mattress. If you see any brown, reddish spots then there could be a problem. If you do, call the manager. See the mattress picture in the resource below.
If the sheets and mattress are spot free, then there is a good chance that the room is bed bug free. Other bed bug travel tips are listed in the resource.
If the sheets and mattress are spot free, then there is a good chance that the room is bed bug free. Other bed bug travel tips are listed in the resource.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments
Post a Comment