What discounts do I get with the McDonalds Platinum Program?

Q. Other than the 50% off your meal, it says you get discounts at these stores:
Via Rail, choice hotels, future shop, apple, RBC bank, goodlife fitness, marks work warehouse, payless shoes, rbc insurance, and stitches.
But what percentages are these

A. I have no clue

check out http://www.mcdonalds.com or something

Should I close a credit card I recently opened and don't think I'm ever going to use?
Q. I recently opened a visa logo credit card account through choice hotels kind of spontaneously. The card came in the mail about a month ago and I haven't even activated it, and looking at it I don't really want it/think I'll ever use it because I have a Discover card that was my first card ever for 2 years now that I just like to use and feel more comfortable with. Along with I have 2 other store credit cards that I use occasionally. I'm not even big on using my credit cards so I feel I'm never going to use this recent card, but I've heard cancelling a credit card looks bad on your credit report? But wouldn't it look more bad if I never use it? Any suggestions?

A. If there is no annual fee then keep it open as doing so will have a positive impact on your report. If you don't really want it, but the bank has a better card with rewards that you can use then ask if they can product change you. If can do it right, use the card for everything you normally would and earn the rewards. Simply pay it off every month and don't incur interest. Rewards are like getting something for free. The company wishes you would carry a balance and get charged for interest, but they also make money off each transaction you use the card for. Maybe you want to take a vacation in a few years and the rewards pay for the hotel, is this that bad? A free night or more at a hotel just for spending like you do now is not a bad thing. I take advantage of everything I can.

I recently used Ebates to get 2% cash back on my purchase and a $10 gift card from Target. I put the purchase on my rewards card where I will earn a bit back on the purchase. I pay the account off each month and it has no annual fee. You see I end up with a little more just for doing what I would normally do. This year I have earned over $100 cash back on my cash rewards account, a free $50 gift card on my rewards card, $50 in gift cards for a service on 2 other accounts which I never use, a $25 gift card on my checking account rewards, and a few other minor things. I have basically earned about $250 just for being a wise consumer and have not done anything I would not normally do. I keep all accounts open regardless if I use them each month. I use the lesser ones occasionally just so the company won't close them and it helps insure that my credit score builds nicely so that if I need a mortgage one day then I will get a great rate. All this while getting these nice nifty benefits. The set the rules, I just use them properly for good results in my favor.

What are some good hotels in San Francisco?
Q. I am throwing my bff a bachelorette party in SF and was wondering what would be a good choice of hotels to look into for an overnight stay. It will be about 35 of us and it will need a meeting or banquet room of sorts.

A. How nice of you! Would you like to be MY friend too? :-)

Seriously, my recommendation would depend on how much you want to spend. Here are my faves:

Blow-the-rent: Four Seasons Hotel, 757 Market Street. You'll be treated like royalty, with all the luxury and refinements you'd expect from this top-of-the-line hotel. Be assured that no detail for your party will be overlooked. I stay here whenever I can afford it (which sadly isn't often enough), but they DO frequently have promotional deals, and they might be open to negotiating the price for a group your size.

Money Left Over for Christmas: Hotel Monaco, 501 Geary Street. Not as luxe as the Four Seasons, but still VERY nice, roughly half the price, and with thoughtful little touches throughout . . . like Frette bathrobes in every room! It's close to Union Square, so a shopping excursion could easily be worked into your festivities.

Bargain: Hotel Rex, 562 Sutter Street. This is a cool, funky, 'boutique-ey' kind of place, and it might have just the kind of uniqueness you're looking for. It certainly gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

Have fun with your celebration!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?