Any food ideas for an adult hotel party?

Q. We are having my moms 59th B-day at a club located at a local hotel (The Double Tree). So My sisters decided we should all rent rooms. My moms room will be decorated with streamers and we will have refreshments in her room as well so that every one can gather there before heading down to the club. I need help figuring out what type of refreshments we should have? I need it simple and inexpensive. Thanks!

A. Will you be going out to dinner? Having birthday cake? Here are some ideas that might help you out:

1. Fresh fruit platter: pineapple, kiwi, orange sections, bananas (dip in pineapple juice), grapes, blueberries etc. with a yogurt marshmallow cream dipping sauce.
2. Cheese platter: Brie, Cambazola, Spanish Manchega, Irish Cheddar and whole grain artisan crackers.
3. Gourmet olives
4. Antipasti platter: fennel salami, pepper salami, sopressata, provolone cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, marinated mushrooms, baguette slices.
5. Miniature desserts: brownies, lemon tarts, cookies
6. Sparkling cider, champagne

Whats the name of the hotel Mitch Hedberg is talking about when he calls it the double tree hotel?
Q. Is It the palms resort?
This is the Joke:
I can't tell you what hotel I'm stayin' in, but I can say that there are two trees involved. They said, "Let's call this hotel "Something...Tree", so they had a meeting; it was quite short. "How 'bout Tree?" "No, Double Tree." "Hell yeah! Meeting adjourned! I had my heart set on "Quadruple Tree"... damn it, we were almost there!"

A. It's actually called Doubletree. I've stayed there.

Can you get a hotel room if you are under 18?
Q. I wanted to go on a trip with my friends, but some people said we have to be at least 18 to get a hotel room. I was thinking we just go to maybe California or New York. We might possibly just go to Austin, TX. And I am talking about hotels like maybe double tree, or quinta, holiday inn. Nothing to extravagant.

A. Sorry, but hotels do not typically rent rooms to minors. You normally have to be at least 18. Some hotels require that you be at least 21.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?