Are hotels in Ireland strict about occupancy limits?

Q. I am going to Ireland with 2 friends in a week. Many hotels are saying we can only have 2 people to a room. Are they strict about this? Or can I book a room for 2 and sneak in a third person?

For the record, the hotel I was looking at was the G in Galway, and Benedicts in Belfast.

A. You are allowed to have guests to your room when staying in a hotel. If you all come back to the hotel at the same time and are questioned (unlikely, as long as you're not falling down drunk), just say you have invited your friend back to your room for a drink. Most hotels allow you to have the same number of guests as there are people booked in. As long as you keep the noise down (and tip the night staff if you're getting late drinks service) you should be fine.

Are there any hotels that are very contemporary?
Q. I mean as in style, decoration, floorplans, furniture...

A. Where are you looking?

There's the Sanderson in London, the G in Galway or the Standard in LA & Hollywood. The W Hotels are pretty contemporary and they're all over the world.

is this what you were looking for?

I'm going to Western Ireland. for Christmas with my boyfriend, are there any places serving Christmas Dinner?
Q. possibly Clare, Killarney, or Cork...
Or can someone suggest a nice place to stay (B&B, hotel) for the 24th and 25th of December?

Thanks so Much!

A. I had a look at a good few Westport hotels and didn't find any open on Christmas Day, but the Radisson SAS group seem to be available. There is a map of their various hotels at
http://www.radissonsas.com/g_en_sk_hotel_ie

and I checked out the Galway one, based on staying there for a few nights starting 23 December. They are open, but Christmas Day meals may be confined to residents staying there
http://sas.radisson.com/reservation/itineraryEntrance.do?startDate=20071223&fromRedirect=true&numberChildren=0&iata=45339660&language=en&a_month_year=200712&numberAdults=2&paclink=Y&ref=/reservation/itineraryEntrance.do&CSbridge=47.u%11035575082f3901f353d73e6ef633dbf82f55ffd7%13&a_date=23&endDate=20071228&d_date=28&city=galway&d_month_year=200712

I also did a search on www.yahoo.ie, checking Ireland only for "hotel christmas dinner" and found quite a few other places open that day




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?