Can anyone provide a list of Bed and Breakfast arrangements around Brussels Noord?

Q. I would be working in Diegem and Brussels Noord is the nearest station. I could not find anything in terms of Bed and Breakfast in Diegem, so shifting my search to Brussels Noord.

A. Here is one that has good reviews. It is not Brussel Noord, it is in Laken (1020 Brussel). But it was the closest I found when looking up B&B Diegem and B&B Brussel Noord!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188644-d586997-Reviews-Maison_Bliss_Bed_Breakfast-Brussels.html

Here's another one: A taste of Belgium. It's situated in Schaarbeek (1030 Brussel). I don't think it's closer to the North station, but it might be a little closer to Diegem.
http://maps.google.be/maps?f=q&view=text&q=bed+and+breakfast+diegem&ie=UTF8&hl=nl&latlng=50873092,4384211,10445289628662269881&ei=PHkISZCON4ey2gK3gvjWDQ&cd=5
http://www.atasteofbelgium.net/2920/index.html


How will you travel each day from Noordstation to Diegem? I think this is a very important question to decide where you can stay. Will you have a car? Will you take a cab each day? Or will you have to travel by public transport?

Check out this map:
http://maps.google.be/maps?f=q&q=bed+and+breakfast+diegem&ie=UTF8&hl=nl&ei=PHkISZCON4ey2gK3gvjWDQ&cd=5&cid=50873092,4384211,10445289628662269881&li=lmd&z=14&t=m
The "A" in the red bulb is the location of the second B&B (Schaarbeek). To the left of it you see Laken, so you have an idea where the first one is situated.



Edit: you can also try to find a youth hostel.
Interesting to know: if you travel by train, you donât have to stay near the North of Brussels. There are two more train stations: Central (Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central) and South (Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi) and every train that goes through Noordstation goes through Centraal and Zuid as well. This means you can also look nearby those two stations, it wonât change much, just a few minutes extra travel time.
http://www.hostelworld.com/index.php?source=googleadwordshostels&gclid=COO9z4LezJYCFQWR1QodqSLuxw
http://www.google.be/search?q=youth+hostel+brussel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a

How can I store my baggage in Brussels for a week until I return?
Q. I'm traveling to Europe in a few weeks for a study abroad program. I'm flying into Brussels, Belgium and need to store my large baggage while I travel for a week before classes start. The website for the airport says there are storage lockers, but only quotes them for 24 hours.

I'd like to be able to fly out of Brussels the same day I arrive, so would like to be able to store it near the airport, so I don't have to waste a lot of time searching for a place to store it.

Has anyone had to store baggage while traveling in Europe? I'd rather not lug my huge bag full of everything I need for months around with me that first week. What did you do?

A. You can ask at major hotels if they will hold it (they will for guests who are returning - it might be worth it for you to stay one night to get this option and then lie about coming back...) or if you can pay them to hold it. Some hostels or dorms might also hold but I don't know Brussels well.

I left luggage in Dublin at a hotel and they did it for free; in Geneva, I paid something to have a hotel hold. In NYC, a friend said she was coming back but didn't (and sent me to pick up saying that her travel plans changed...)

What is the best way for four people to get to the Brussels Conrad Hilton on Ave Louise from the airport?
Q. We have a package booked this month but are doing our own air. I was thinking that we could take the train from the airport to Gare du Sud and then the Metro but don't know what the cost would be or if there is a better way for a small group. I know that the hotel is a few streets away from a Metro stop. Thank you for your help.

A. The Louise LAAN has it's own stop on the Metro (undergroud = subway). But first you need to take the Airport train to the Train station = Brussels MIDI.

Be careful, the Gare du Sud, translates to Brussel ZUID, but is also called: Brussels MIDI (midi also means south in French) is the station you want.

The train will let you off on the upper most level, then you go down two levels to get the subway = metro.

After you leave the Metro station (again you walk UP two levels to the street. You go towards a restaurant on the corner, and stay on that side of the street. It is not too far to walk with your suitcases, don't get a taxi.

I think ONE fare on the Metro is 1.60 euro,
http://www.stib.be/1-rit-voyage.html?l=en

I am guessing the Train fare is 3 euro per person, one way. (It's 9.30 euro all the way to Gent)
I will try to find you a website for fares and times, hold on please...

Here are TRAIN timetables and fares IN ENGLISH for you..
http://www.belrail.be/E/index.php
trains several times per hour! I was right! 3 euro if over 26yrs old.

good luck email me directly for more info. I live near Gent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?