Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Singapore?

Q. I'm going to be heading over to Singapore for a few days in November and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel in Singapore? I would prefer something fairly central and preferably 4 stars and above.

I have had a look at some accommodation brochures and the Royal Plaza on Scotts looks pretty good but I'd like some other suggestions before I make any commitments.

A. Royal Plaza on Scotts is a nice hotel, however , be prepared for rooms without views. They have windows, but facing the carparks (and its not even an open carpark, its an internal carpark)

Try checking Rendezvous, its near Orchard Road too
There is a nice, new, chic hotel... very classy.. its called Naumi Hotel, it has a floor for ladies only. It is located at City Hall, its also a shopping haven with plenty more to offer than Orchard Road (which is mainly shopping) City Hall is close to Bugis too with loads of attractions, and cultural sites. All in all, City Hall is the best place to be, its very central and if you want to go anywhere, the subway is just 5minutes away.

Another hotel in City Hall area is Carlton Hotel


http://www.naumihotel.com/
http://www.carlton.com.sg/

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Singapore with swimming pool and all facilities that is not overpriced?
Q. I want to book a hotel for New Year period - and have looked at the four star hotels - all seem very expensive - like £100 a night

A. Try the Carlton Hotel, its within your budget i'm sure. Best to book it from a travel agent or one of those sites like asiarooms.com its cheaper than going direct to the hotels. Carlton is located in the heart of Singapore, its near City Hall, Bugis and Orchard Road. Near shopping centres, food places and some attractions. I don't recommend Golden Landmark, its a very run down hotel... smells bad too. I used to work in that hotel building. All the best!

Can anyone recommend me a budget hotel near the CBD in Singapore?
Q. I am travelling to Singapore later this month, and I used to stay in Carlton / Novotel Hotel but due to my longer stay this time around, I was hoping to find a budget hotel in the vicinity of either hotels?

A. The is a budget hotel that you can try on. Its called The New 7th Story Hotel and its really nice. Its standard rate for double or twin bed are S$56 (US$38) without private bathroom & S$83 (US$56) with private bathroom. It also has backpackers rates too for its hostel room. It's located inside the CBD area near Bugis Junction. It just a 3-5 minutes walk to Bugis MRT Station on the east-west line.(Walking on Rochor Road). There are two bus plying outside the hotel, 48 & 57. Both bus travels to Little India MRT Station on the north-east line (3 bus stops, 4-6 min). It's within walking distance from Carlton Hotel.

Another, which is within walking distance from Novotel is the Robertson Quay hotel. It has the online promotion rate is S$110 (normal rate: S$150) and its within walking distance to Chinatown MRT Station. (walk towards OG at Upper Cross Street). Its provide continental Buffet Breakfast if you book online. Its easy access to many places in Singapore and its also located inside the CBD area. Direct bus route (123 & 143) to Orchard Road Shopping District, which is nearby (10-15 mins bus ride away). Little India can be reached by MRT (3 stations, 7 min) or bus no. 64 (7 bus stops, 10-15 min).

Hope the above can solve your accommodation problem you maybe facing. Welcome to Singapore and have a nice trip !!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?