Can I save money and still enjoy myself in England?
Q. I'm coming to the UK for the first time in July for a huge family gathering. I can't wait! We'll be in London, Yelverton, Bath, the Cotswolds, Oxford, Hampton Court and then more London. But I am b-r-o-k-e and I know the UK is EXPENSIVE. Luckily, flights and hotels are already taken care of. What are the best ways for me to cut costs without cutting out the fun? What do I avoid and what do I have to do? Where should I visit and what can I leave for next time?
A. If your hotel and plane are taken care of.... you are SET! The next biggest expense is food. There are lots of great restaurants (especially Indian), but many are expensive. Eat out some, but consider preparing some food from supermarkets. Also, a lot of great museums and beautiful churches are free or only request donations, which are optional but I would recommend giving something.
There are lots of great outdoor markets (Camden in London) where you can nose around and people watch.
BTW, what are you into?
There are lots of great outdoor markets (Camden in London) where you can nose around and people watch.
BTW, what are you into?
What's the average cost for a trip to London?
Q. My sister and I want to travel to London in the summer of 2013; we would like to get an idea of how much that trip would cost. We just need information from anyone's trip so we can get and average that we can work around. If anyone has been to London can you let me know how much it cost, how long you stayed, how many people were you with, and what you did there? Please let me know, it would be a great help! Thanks!
A. How long is a piece of string?
It will hugely depend on what you plan on doin in London, where you plan on staying and how you plan on getting around.
I went to London for 2 nights with my parents in 2007 and we easily spent a few hundred pounds. Our accomodation was cheap in a so called 3 star hotel near Earls Court which was about as trashy as a hostel (not even sure the beds were clean) that was at least £100 for two rooms for two nights.
We also went on the London Eye which was at least £20 each. (£60 total). We went to Madam Tussards which again was £20 each (£60 total). London Dungeons as well was £20 each (£60 total). We Will Rock You show was £25 each (£75 total). And Westminster Abbey was £10 each (£30 total).
This brings us to £385 plus underground passes for the 3 days were around £20 each (£60 total) and lets not forget all the eating out and pubs we went to food alone probably cost £150 total. As well as our tickets too and from London, which fortunately didn't have to factor as we were stopping off in London on a return trip from Paris (I was spoilt. Lol). I think it comes to a little under £600 for 3 people so that works out to around £200 each. It's quite expensive to go to London and see all the typical tourist attractions.
Please take not I havent included spending money on frivolous things. And we also did other stuff like Picadilli Circus, Camden Town, Harrods, Hamleys, London Bridge etc that are free unless you buy things. And things are expensive in London so bring enough spending money so you aren't disappointed that you can't buy things you want.
Most of all. Have fun.
It will hugely depend on what you plan on doin in London, where you plan on staying and how you plan on getting around.
I went to London for 2 nights with my parents in 2007 and we easily spent a few hundred pounds. Our accomodation was cheap in a so called 3 star hotel near Earls Court which was about as trashy as a hostel (not even sure the beds were clean) that was at least £100 for two rooms for two nights.
We also went on the London Eye which was at least £20 each. (£60 total). We went to Madam Tussards which again was £20 each (£60 total). London Dungeons as well was £20 each (£60 total). We Will Rock You show was £25 each (£75 total). And Westminster Abbey was £10 each (£30 total).
This brings us to £385 plus underground passes for the 3 days were around £20 each (£60 total) and lets not forget all the eating out and pubs we went to food alone probably cost £150 total. As well as our tickets too and from London, which fortunately didn't have to factor as we were stopping off in London on a return trip from Paris (I was spoilt. Lol). I think it comes to a little under £600 for 3 people so that works out to around £200 each. It's quite expensive to go to London and see all the typical tourist attractions.
Please take not I havent included spending money on frivolous things. And we also did other stuff like Picadilli Circus, Camden Town, Harrods, Hamleys, London Bridge etc that are free unless you buy things. And things are expensive in London so bring enough spending money so you aren't disappointed that you can't buy things you want.
Most of all. Have fun.
Which of these places are safe for a single girl for 2 day in hotel in London?
Q. Paddington, Earls Court, Whitechapel?
What should i do to stay safe( i am tourist).
What should i do to stay safe( i am tourist).
A. Crime can be found anywhere. London is a busy place, so watch for pick pockets. (Especially if your using the tube). I would suggest West Brompton (Where Earls Court is located). Theres a London underground station located right next to Earls court, and a national rail station at West Brompton, which gives easy access to Watford, Shephards Bush (For West Oxford Street), and Clapham Junction (Which has connections to pretty much everywhere, perfect as your a tourist). May i also suggest you have a look around Camden, its a lovely town, with a large market. (Part of the Northern Line, London Underground). Enjoy your stay in London!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments
Post a Comment