Does anyone know how the Choice hotels are rated?

Q. Choice hotels have Comfort Inn, Quality, and Comfort suites. We have stayed in all three and they are not always in the best of shape. I am looking for a clean, modern, safe motel/hotel and have been disappointed many times. If you take an old Howard Johnson's or Ramada and don't re-do the exterior it looks tacky. Nothing like crummy sidewalks, parking lot and bugs in the windows and doorway. Help?

A. When I need to book a hotel, I usually look online as to what's available in my price range, the neighborhood, and how fancy I want the hotel to be. This usually narrows my choices down to a handful of hotels. Then I go to http://www.tripadvisor.com and look for reviews of those specific hotels.

Read through the reviews. I usually ignore reviews that say "I liked it" or "I hated it" but give no reason because there's nothing to substantiate that opinion. I also ignore reviews that talk about how good the restaurant is or what's nearby and what to do in the city/town . . . what's important is the actual state of the hotel and rooms. I look for reviews that mention what's in the room, if things worked, if things are modern, if the staff and management were professional, the parking situation . . . stuff like that.

Then I make my choice and reservation.

You can use this strategy to narrow down a Choice hotel chain. For example, I'm really not to keen on La Quinta Inns, but I stayed at a really nice one that beat out in cost and room comfy-ness to other Choice hotels two and three blocks away.

Is the Choice Hotels chain an advocate of the woman's right to choose?
Q. I am a strong supporter of abortion rights and was looking for a hotel chain that supported abortions. I was wondering if Choice Hotels might be that chain? If so, I would enroll in all their loyalty programs and everything else they offer.

A. Ask yourself why that matters. I drive by a Holiday inn and ask their opinion on gay marriage before getting a room. Does that not sound silly to you? I check up on chic-fil-a's religion before eating there. They're a business, a business is an organization with a objective of making money. what their social stands are have no factor on what their service or product is.

Which is the good hotel in America that gives best rewards?
Q. I would like to know which hotel is best in terms of rewards. I would like to know the reward benefits if I have to choose between Choice hotels (comfort inn, quality inn & so on) Vs. Marriot group. If someone have experience in this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A. With Marriott hotels you get executive lounge access once you reach Gold level. Marriott, JW Marriott, and Renaissance hotels have lounges, but the sub-brands like Residence Inn and Staybridge Suites do not.

Overall, Marriott is a nicer set of hotels than Choice.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?