Is a Hotel job less stressful than retail store jobs and does it pay more money?

Q. I wonder, does hotel jobs pay more money and less demanding than retail store jobs. Or is it worse or the same?
To Un Lu please tell me does it pay more money than retail.

A. From personal experience, I can say that hotel jobs are definitely more demanding than retail jobs, if you're talking about hotel front desk or concierge. The thing is that people who book hotel rooms feel a sense of entitlement like everything has to be PERFECT even if unforeseen circumstances happen or if there's been a mistake with the reservation that the front desk person didn't know about. Some hotel guests feel that everything has to be perfect. They will stay at a Holiday Inn Express or Quality Inn and expect to be treated like royalty at the Ritz or Four Seasons. People can sometimes be so demanding about the silliest things. "Oh I didn't like the layout of the room, so I want a new room" or "There was a hair on my bathroom floor, I want a full refund plus complimentary stay next time". Etc.

Whereas in retail, people just want what they want. They don't always want to buy the stuff on the racks, but want an unworn one from the back. Or they will say how something doesn't fit perfectly and if there isn't anything similar to it, they'll be unhappy that they couldn't get what they want. At least in retail you know your job is pretty straightforward and most people may be pushy or demanding, but at least all they want is clothes and aren't coming up with random bullcrap to get a free stay or complimentary future stays.

Is a Hotel job less stressful than retail store jobs and does it pay more money?
Q. I wonder, does hotel jobs pay more money and less demanding than retail store jobs. Or is it worse or the same?
To David Z, I just want a general answer, you don't have to give details, although I prefer them.

A. the variety of jobs at each are too broad to answer.

Is a Hotel job less stressful than retail store jobs and does it pay more money?
Q. I wonder, does hotel jobs pay more money and less demanding than retail store jobs. Or is it worse or the same?

A. Housekeeping job is quite demanding but reception or other desk job is not so stressful.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?