What is the best and luxurious hotel in London?

Q. Me and my husband are planning to have a trip to London what are the best hotels there we have a budget for 600 pounds/ night. but even thou it costs more than that please reply. thanks in advance

A. As a London travel writer, I recommend base2stay as the best value - don't dismiss it for £93 per night - it compares well with hotels costing 3 or 4 times that.

If you are looking to spend a lot more, check out the Milestone hotel - which has just won "Best Hotel in the World" - you may find others are very "stuffy" if you don't stay regularly in this price range.

There are only 57 rooms at The Milestone. Mine was on the fifth floor. Room 506 was the âSafari Suiteâ (a junior suite and therefore £670 - £717 a night for two).

For the best views in London from a hotel - do look at the new Park Plaza Riverbank - fabulous views of Parliament and the Thames (and MI5!) - they have a weekend offer of £109 per night - much less than your budget - but also much less than their normal price for a suite!

Video / pix and links to all are on my site, below.

Come back if I can help further, please.

Alun Hill MCIJ, Travel Journalist and Broadcaster
http://www.IslondonExpensive.com

Would you wait to take a trip to London until the US dollar improves?
Q. I'm turning 30 this summer and I am starting to plan a trip to London, maybe a few side trips to nearby countries. I've been dying to go for a long time, but so many people have said that I should wait until the US dollar gains strength, otherwise I'm going to be spending way too much money. Also, do you have any suggestions of good websites with reasonably priced travel packages that will tour you to multiple regional destinations? London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc?

A. Holy crap, yes! I went to Edinburgh and London last November, and it was WRETCHED. You just spend the entire time thinking about how much you're actually paying for stuff. To give you an idea:

London Tube ride (1 way!): 4 pounds (8 USD)
Dinner at Wagamama (great noodles, btw): 46 pounds (92USD--seriously? for noodles?!)
Entrance to British Museum, special exhibit: 19 pounds, with audio tour (38 USD)

I spent almost 4 grand on that trip, and I went as cheap as I could go and I was gone for 12 days.

I don't think you should wait forever; you're never going to know WHEN the dollar would improve. However, you can, at least, go when it's not high season in Europe, to at least better your chances of staying there affordable. (Just note: I went in the low season!)

You can try tripadvisor.com, where you can read reviews by travelers and see their actual travel photos of hotels and attractions. You can also do a search for flights and hotels on the site, or you can try kayak.com or last-minute.com. I've also found that if you find a hotel you like on those discount travel sites, you should also go to the hotel's website and see what kind of special discounts you can get. I do it all the time. They often offer specials, or include breakfast in the price of your stay (that's what I did and got breakfast for the week!), or even have rates that are better than what you're finding on those sites--and without the processing fees. You should also check with your human resources department, if you work for a company. They often have employee discounts for personal travel although they may not necessarily advertise that you do.

Hope you have a great trip!

Who would you perfer to fly with between Australia and London?
Q. Im planing to go to London next year. Im not sure what airline I should fly with.

My options are

Virgin Atlantic
British Airways
Qantas

If you have had any experience with these what are you suggestions.
Also if you know if one of these airlines has a lounge at Heathrow or Brisbane / Sydney, who do you gain entrance.
I will by flying economy because I'm a cheap such and such

A. Virgin
qantas
british

thats my choice.
All the airlines are offering discount coupons and vouchers these days due to recession.
You can visit this site for Free Vouchers,Discount Coupons,Latest News on Airlines and Hotels
http://freetravel4ever.blogspot.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the cheapest 2 room suite hotel in Chicago?

Wooden Puzzles Australia

What is the cheapest way to travel from NYC to Orlando?