The best place to take kids for snow in SoCal?

Q. My husband and I want to make a trip to the "snow." We've never actually been to the snow except through school activities when we were younger. My 8-year old has been dying to see the snow and we'll be taking her and our 16-month old as well. We would like to plan a weekend trip but have no idea where to start, what kind of activities to do, or where to stay. We know there's Big Bear, Mountain High, and Mammoth but I'm at a total loss when I go to their website. Help please! TIA!

A. If you just want to go out for a day of snow fun, I would point you to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. It's an amazing place, a winter wonderland up there.

But, if you want to go away for a weekend, I don't see much to do up there to fill an entire weekend. Perhaps Big Bear is a better place for that. You can learn how to ski or snowboard, there are shops, problem is in the ski areas, you can't play with the snow.

Mammoth is awesome also, if you don't mind the drive. You can rent a cabin up there, or stay at one of the many hotels. Definitely more snow and better quality snow also than Big Bear.

How could i get a hike with bear grylls?
Q. I wanna get a hike with Bear Grylls. A hike like the one in one of his shows. It looks really fun
@JoeDirt true but doesnt his camera crew carry food and supplies?

A. Get the biggest hotel room you can in the Ritziest Hotel. He will probably be on your floor.

Is there still gonna be snow in big bear?
Q. im planning to go for spring break this sat to mon. and i was wondering if there's still snow.

A. Yep Yep Checkout this webpage http://bigbear.nyctourist.com for a total forecast, hotel and fun things to do. Have Fun!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments